The headquarters of the Liverpool Libraries and Information Services network, an internationally renowned flagship library service promoting reading , learning, and culture. The multiple award- winning Liverpool Central Library is a beautifully re-modelled building offering a variety of services including:
• Wi-Fi access throughout the building, and printing and scanning facilities, plus 150 free to use public computers.
• ‘Discover’ Family zone – a dedicated open space designed specifically with young readers in mind with computers for schoolwork and fun.
• Liverpool Record Office, nationally accredited archive repository housing internationally and locally important collections, accessible through the Search Room facility.
• 15,000 rare books in the Hornby Library, Oak Room and Picton Reading Room.
• Picton Reading Room – Grade 2 listed and recognised as one of the most beautiful libraries in the world.
• Soundproofed meeting room facilities for hire.
• Spectacular views of Liverpool and beyond from the roof terrace overlooking the city.
• Ground floor café with an outdoor terrace overlooking St John’s Gardens.
• Full year-round cultural and information programme including events, tours, exhibitions, and activities.